Armed insurgents suspected to be members of the much dreaded Boko Haram descended on a military base in the town of Sasawa which is just 27 kilometers away from Damaturu, the capital of yobe state. The attack happened at about 6:00pm on Monday when the insurgents struck in three Hilux vans together with two motorcycles. They overpowered the military personnel stationed at the town & almost burned down the entire town.
A source who escaped from the town told Daily Trust that the town was razed by fire. The source said, “They burnt down the entire town and we learned that three security vehicles have been seized by the insurgents, but no death has been reported so far.”
How ever Yobe state Commissioner of police, Sumonu Abdulmaliki confirmed the attack and said
“All I can confirm to you is that Sasawa came under attack yesterday by the insurgents but there is no further detail for now. The town has no means of communication at the moment so I don’t have any details of the current situation,” he said.
It could be recalled that the insurgents also coming attacked military formations in Buniyadi and Kumuya base, both in Gujba Local Government Area of the state just four weeks ago.
![]() |
| Boko haram terrorist |
A source who escaped from the town told Daily Trust that the town was razed by fire. The source said, “They burnt down the entire town and we learned that three security vehicles have been seized by the insurgents, but no death has been reported so far.”
How ever Yobe state Commissioner of police, Sumonu Abdulmaliki confirmed the attack and said
“All I can confirm to you is that Sasawa came under attack yesterday by the insurgents but there is no further detail for now. The town has no means of communication at the moment so I don’t have any details of the current situation,” he said.
It could be recalled that the insurgents also coming attacked military formations in Buniyadi and Kumuya base, both in Gujba Local Government Area of the state just four weeks ago.


0 comments:
Post a Comment